mandag 24. oktober 2011

Bar-ba-ba-ba-ba-dos part 2 (!!!)

Hi everyone!

I can’t even begin to tell you how it feels like waking up in this bed and hearing the beats outside the window. If this was Norway and I would be awaken by someone playing some drums I would probably be upset and wining. But here in Barbados (!!!) I can’t get enough of that drumming beat outside the window which just makes me want to dance.  

However, last night was amazing. As said, Barbados is known for the crazy nightlife. After a quick stop at Club Skyy where a great dance performance took place, we continued on to the Boatyard, which is one of the most visited clubs here. We danced and danced all night and I even got to meet one of Barbados celebrities: Frank Worrell, a famous cricket player. Thanks to him, I got to play cricket today (tell you later.) 

Anyway, after the Boatyard we wanted to go somewhere sophisticated so we went to “the notre dame sports club”. If you’re wondering, yes, it is in small letters! I came home a bit late last night, but surprisingly it was no stress getting out of bed when I’m surrounded with all this beauty.



However, as I mentioned earlier in this post, I got to play cricket today. Cricket is one of the most played sports here on Barbados. The island has hosted many great cricket players, such as Sir Frank Worrell (whom I met yesterday!).  It was very hard playing, especially when the others were so good at it.

(After the game)
Later after a quick lunch at Jocelyn’s, a sweet (and very known here apparently) old lady’s restaurant, I went to the beach for a little tanning at the Altamar beach. I was very lucky, because I was totally alone. All thanks to my great travel guide Sherwood. The sand was all white, surrounded by palms and large rocks. You could see every movement at the sea bottom because the water was so blank. I was breathless. 
(At Jocelyn's)

(At the beach at Altamar)


Later I was picked up by Sherwood, who took me to a church named st. James Parish Church, a historical landmark and it was recently restored. The church is Anglican. Most of the inhabitants of Barbados is Christian, about 95 present is. And forty present of these 95 present is Angelic. The Church of England was the official state religion until its legal disenfranchisement by the Parliament of Barbados following independence.


  (St James Parish Church)
Now in the writing moment, I am just so tired. I’ll go to bed soon, but I have to take a walk in the beautiful back garden. I promised you a picture and I took one earlier today. Here you go:


Isn't it amazing?
  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar