mandag 24. oktober 2011

Bar-ba-ba-ba-ba-dos (!!!)

Barbados
When I were choosing where I wanted to travel, I knew I wanted to go somewhere exotic and I also knew I wanted to go somewhere near the Caribbean. So I ended up with Barbados, an island country on 431 square kilometers. The island country is outside the Atlantic hurricane belt and about 100 kilometers east of the Caribbean Sea. The geography of the island is unique in its own way, featuring lowlands or gently sloping terraces plains separated by rolling hills. The island has 284 589 inhabitants and is the home of the famous singer Rihanna. 


The first thing that hits me when I arrive at the airport is the climate. It is so hot! The average temperature here is between 25-30 Celsius degrees and I can notice when I breathe how humid it is.

A taxi is waiting for me and a man from the taxi(my travel guide) meets me to help me getting settled. As we drive towards our hotel, the beautiful Island Inn Hotel, he keeps talking about a big happening tonight and sais I have to come. I’m still jetlagged so I say I’ll try, but I can’t promise anything yet.

As we keep driving, I notice that it is just as nice as I had imagined. With warm Caribbean sunshine, mile-long exquisite beaches, pastoral landscape, sparkling aquamarine seas, charming villages and posh luxury resorts I am blown away by its beauty.

Arriving at the resort I am just totally finished. With no sleep on the plain because of some child behind me, I ask if the my travel guide may come in and help me check in. Sherwood is just as glad he was when I met him ten hours ago and sais “yes, of course, Miss.” Sherwood is the most popular name in Barbados, fallowed right after with Kofi, Rosalina and Han su yean. The majority of Barbados speak English, but there is about 15 present who speaks Spanish and 15 present who speak French.

It is already night here in Barbados, but I get a glimt of how well my hotel resort looks like. I’m throwing in a few pictures, just because *I can’t put it into words how beautiful it is.


(This is what greeted me when I arrived with Sherwood this night)
I may throw in a few more tomorrow with daylight. I think I saw a gorgeous back yard here, I’ll show you tomorrow. Now I’m headed out for a large celebrity party, tell you all about it tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar