tirsdag 25. oktober 2011

Bar-ba-ba-ba-ba-dos part 5 (!!!)

It took a bit longer to do the entire things I wanted here, so I skipped the blog and went for a «two-day-post. » (Sorry, I know you hate it…)

However, you’ll be happy to know I’m going home with overweight luggage from my trip. Although the shopping isn’t like Paris or London, it’s still tempting to swipe the credit card down here.

Barbados offers an unmatched selection of the finest gold and silver jewelry imported from more than a dozen leading jewel countries. Also, the prices weren’t that bad either.
The first thing I had to get was gifts for those at home. I stopped by literally the “Best of Barbados Gift Shops.” Yes, you read right, that’s the name. The “best of Barbados Gift Shops” have five gift shops inside and is located at Welches Plantation in the West Indies. I bought some plates and tabletops for my grandmother here and I bought a cookbook for my other grandmother. I have this tradition where I buy a shot-glass for my sister, because I bought one for here in Malta, which started the whole thing. So I did, I bought one with the characteristic Island bus on it. I also bought her this, sort of gift bag, with all the creams and sops you can imagine. I bought one for each of my friends at home as well.








I bought this print to my father, who collects a characteristic piece from every country he visits, so I thought he might want it in his collection. Even though he wasn’t here. After buying even more gifts I closed my wallet for the “Best of Barbados Gift Shops” and moved on to spending money on me. I bought so much; there is no point in showing you everything.

I went to a museum, called “Barbados National Heroes Gallery.” I also went to “The Barbados Museum” a natural history display that describes the coral structure of Barbados and a collection of rare historical maps of the island. It was all worth it.
Anyway, I am so tired now, I need some sleep. Good night guys! Tomorrow I’m going home, and judging of my “tan,” I have to tan a bit!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar